It’s the kind of day that needs a good, old fashioned Success List. I need to see in black and white what I get done today instead of the ever-lengthening list of things I need to do. So here goes:
1. Only hit snooze twice, woke all kids up, checked email, sat like a zombie, decided against working out because I don’t want to blow dry my hair again after and because I have so much to get done.
2. Got Lily dressed, discussed at length what shirts possibly go with her wacky hippy pants.
3. Shower, get dressed.
4. Tell Max to tuck in his shirt and put his shoes on.
5. Look for Lily’s shoes, force her to wear sandals since her other tennis shoe is apparently in Narnia.
6. Tell Max to tuck in his shirt and put his shoes on.
7. Unsuccessfully attempt to sync my iPhone so we can listen to Screwtape Letters in the car.
8. Tell Max, again, to tuck in his shirt and put his shoes on.
9. Give up on iPhone sync, load everyone in car, drive to all schools, return home with only two kids and my favorite McD’s breakfast (Birthday money! Woot!)
10. Switch laundry
11. Remove Molly’s hands from toilet, blockade bathroom.
12. Put away Molly and Lily’s clothes so I will have room to fold more.
13. Set up the laptop and Netflix so that my old buddy Dr Who can fold some clothes with me.
14. Start Shirley Temple Video for Lily and Molly. Google how to make Shirley Temple’s curls.
15. Take water bottle away from Molly.
16. Start cleaning my bedroom.
17. Remove water bottle from Molly again, change her clothes since she was soaking wet, nurse Molly.
18. Help Lily find a skirt to wear to dance along with Shirley Temple.
19. Return to cleaning my bedroom. FINISHED! It is not dusted or swept, but it is clean enough that I could do either of those.
20. Tidy up my bathroom. FINISHED!
21. Molly pooped. Change her diaper/clothes AGAIN, nurse again, and put her down for a nap. For the record, it is now 9:30am.
22. Switch laundry
23. Fold clothes, watch Dr Who. Lily plays barbies for a while until it is time for the…
24. Next clothing change (Lily)
25. Molly is awake! 45 minute nap, not too bad for her. Nurse and snuggle.
26. Snack time, peanut butter crackers.
27. Change Lily back into outfit #2.
28. Fill dishwasher with last night’s dishes, wipe counters, ignore floor.
29. Molly knocks over recycle bin. Pick up all the stuff and take to the outside bin.
30. Lil and Mol play with toys and alternate climbing on and off my lap while I check message boards and facebook for a bit.
31. Make lunch, feed girls.
32. Finally get iPhone successfully synced.
33. Switch laundry
34. Read book and nurse, put Lily down for a nap. How is it possible that it is only 12:30?
35. Fold a little more, nurse a little more.
36. As of 1:05 I have two sleeping babies! Yay!
37. Well that didn’t last long. Molly only slept in her bed for 10 minutes. Then I nursed her through the rest of her nap.
38. Molly woke up, I had a nice phone call with Lucy, folded some more clothes and then BAM! It was time to go get the kids – so we were off and running again.
39. Get kids at one school, then at another and another, then to Safeway, then home and snack time.
40. Nurse the baby, make kids put away clothes and tidy kitchen after snack. It is now 4:15.
41. Fold, Fold, and Fold. Finish Dr Who Season 2!
42. Switch laundry last time, start diapers.
43. Put away ALL of my clothes, a first in a while.
44. 5:06pm – Change diaper, get everyone’s shoes on, and out the door for dinner at Hot Dog on a Stick Family night. Free hot dogs for the crew! It may not be a healthy dinner, but I don’t have to pay or cook, so I’m sold!
45. Feed all the kids at the mall at Hot Dog, get to help stomp lemonade. Molly has her first french fry. Try to keep Lily from climbing the furniture.
46. Arrive home, upload photos.
47. Kiss Jay goodbye, head off to Auction Meeting, drop James off at a friend’s house not so on the way.
48. Home at last, nurse baby. Finish post. Stick a fork in me I’m DONE.